Ferdi the crochet fox and Walt the crochet wolf love playing hide and seek in our garden. These two cuties are just so huggable! This free amigurumi pattern comes with two options for overalls for these cuties. We are sure that you will love our amigurumi fox and amigurumi wolf as much as we do!
The pattern was initially released as a Crochet-Along — our very first CAL! We loved seeing all the adorable crochet foxes and crochet wolves. You can find all the parts of the pattern below.
If you would like an ads-free, print-friendly PDF version of our pattern, you can buy it from our Ravelry store.
Want to save this pattern for later? Save this pin to your Pinterest board!
If you want to stay updated on our new patterns and Crochet Alongs (CALS), join our Facebook group Amigurumi with Chai Coffee Crochet or follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Yarn: You need less than 50 grams of DK yarn in orange (for the fox) or grey (for the wolf) and a small amount in white, black, and the overalls colour of your choice. We use DK yarn but worsted weight/aran yarn will work just as well.
- Crochet hook: For amigurumi, you typically go down one or two hook sizes from that recommended on your yarn label.
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker: You can use a locking stitch marker but even a scrap of yarn will do! This pattern is worked in the round, so place a stitch marker at the first stitch of each round so that you can keep track of where each row begins.
- Polyfill stuffing
- Safety eyes: We used 10 mm eyes for this or you can crochet eyes for children under 3
- Embroidery thread: A small amount of black for eyebrows.
- Buttons: If you decide to do the overalls with the buttons, you will need two large buttons of the colour of your choice.